Sunday, March 14, 2010

It seemed like a good idea in theory...
Celebrate (or spit in the face of) my upcoming 50th birthday by doing a triathlon. Never mind that I am a certified couch potato, that the last exercise class I took was when spandex and leg warmers were fashion du jour, or the fact that I am not the most athletically inclined person (read totally uncoordinated).
I needed to do something GRAND, something unexpected, something so totally uncharacteristic of me that everyone I know would be skeptical and simultaneously awed by it!
So I am checking my Facebook page, and there one of my friends has posted her next triathlon date. Bells went off, lightbulbs lit, and I knew what must be done.
Now, I am a wonderful idea person, but I lack alot in follow through.Thus began my quest for a partner in crime.....
First, a call to Sissy.
She never got past her laughter, so on to my childhood friend, and fellow birth year celebrant, Sharon.
(better to do this with email, and miss the laughing like with sis)

(Me)Sharon-what about a triathalon? danskin has one in seattle in sept. i could fly out, we could breeze through that, then find a spa for a few days!
think about it, visit the website, ponder, let me know. what a way to celebrate our 50th!!

(Sharon)Ok - I am totally in. What is the date? I need to plan a work trip around it. Additionally, I actually need to train (reduce what has turned into a bit of LA if you know what I mean).

So, not only can I not spell triathlon, I have found someone who is as totally clueless in what we have just made a pact to do.
5 months and counting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment